Italian is known for being a romantic, musical language. Accordingly, it can be used to flirt at another level. Doesn’t everything just sound more seductive in Italian? Hence, it’s fame for being the language of love.
Even Charles V agreed that Italian is the perfect language for flirting in his famous quote, “I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse.” No wonder Romeo and Juliet was set in Italy that is already a romantic country because of its culture and scenery. Because of this quality, even Mozart used Italian for some of his best opera pieces.
Useful phrases that will help you impress the ladies/gentlemen if they speak the language of love.
First of all, how to ask someone out:
- Sei libero/a stasera? (Are you free tonight?)
- Ti piacerebbe uscire con me uno di questi giorni? (Would you like to go on a date with me one of these days?)
- Perché non ci vediamo di nuovo? (Why don’t we meet again?)
Because Italian has distinctions between feminine and masculine, you can change the endings between -a and -o according.
Next, how to get their contact information:
- Qual è il tuo numero di telefono? (What’s your phone number?)
- Qual è il tuo nome utente su facebook? (What is your user name on facebook) You can replace facebook with other social media platforms.
Finally, phrases you might use during or after your date:
- Sono stato benissimo/a con te. (I had a great time with you.)
- Grazie per la bella serata! (Thanks for the great night!)
- Quando posso rivederti? (When can I see you again?)
- Mi piaci tantissimo / Mi piaci davvero tanto. (I like you so much.)
- Vuoi diventare la mia ragazza? (Do you want to be my girlfriend?)
- Baciami. (Kiss me.)
- Abbracciami. (Hug me.)
Yabla Italian offers you the possibility to learn all this and more. While the videos provide you with a general understanding of the language, you can take it a step further with interactive subtitles, games, vocabulary reviews, comprehension questions, etc. Yabla has a variety of real-life videos with native speakers. Because of this, authentic Italian pronunciation is guaranteed. Through all of this you can learn spelling, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc. There are different kinds of videos to choose from: music videos, excerpts from movies, TV shows, lessons, etc.
If you would like to learn more about the Italian language, check out the Yabla platform! Start speaking the language of love. Learn to flirt.